Yoco is a leading African FinTech startup, focused on empowering small businesses to accept payments from customers wherever they are. We believe that small businesses are the engines of growth in any economy and are the beating heart of any community.
Yoco is looking for a passionate Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to join the Product Marketing Team.
The Product Marketing team is focused on driving cross-functional teams to launch & take to market new products & features, including Yoco Card Machines & the Yoco Point-of-Sale App, in addition to our suite of Online Products (i.e. Pay by Link & Payment Gateway) and Lending products (i.e. Capital), among other products that are currently being developed.
The Product Marketing team’s purpose is to drive product commercial success in partnership with the Product, Growth, Brand, and Sales teams.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a track record of strong cross-functional collaboration, project management and exceptional analytical and communication skills. More specifically, they will succeed in the role by being:
- Customer Obsessed: Championing the needs of the customer and being their voice. Adopting a ‘Jobs to be done’ mindset in order to always put themselves in the customer’s shoes and to take to market products & features that solve their needs.
- Driving GTM strategy: Leading the GTM strategy for new products & features, including deciding the customer segments to target, the value proposition & positioning relative to alternatives, in addition to the channels & messages to test across different customer touch points.
- Working cross-functionally with many teams: Key to Launching & taking to market new products and features is the ability to work with & lead cross-functional teams including product, growth, brand, sales, finance, and legal.
- Adopting an analytical approach: It is important to have an analytical mindset & to be open to test different hypotheses, and to adapt and learn quickly.
- Optimising for Impact: We are looking for someone who is as passionate as we are about helping small businesses thrive. The PMM will focus on initiatives that drive the most impact in terms of growing small business customers and revenues.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
The main objective of the PMM is to grow customers and revenues of new and existing products. They will be responsible for the following:
- Marketing a set of products and features (i.e. Card Machines & Capital) in close partnership with the Product, Sales, Brand, and Growth teams. They will act as the glue that brings these teams together when bringing products to market.
- Developing deep knowledge about the customers, market, competitors, & regulation
- Building the value proposition, pricing, positioning, messaging for these products/features, keeping in mind customer needs & the competitive landscape
- Adopting a portfolio view of all the products in the company, and ensuring that their positioning makes sense relative to each other, in terms of pricing, positioning, and messaging
- Ensuring that this value proposition is communicated via all the customer touch points (i.e. web, app, email, social media & other relevant marketing channels)
- Partnering with the Growth, Brand & Sales teams as well as external agencies to launch campaigns focused on customer growth
- Setting and tracking success metrics for launch and campaign performance, and optimising through continuous testing
- Driving revenue growth by improving customer acquisition, activation, engagement, retention & referrals
- Evangelising internally about these products, their features, target segments, use-cases, and positioning relative to the competition
- Enabling Sales & Support Teams with knowledge & material about these products
- Working with finance on a marketing budget for these products
- Gathering customer insights from customers & working closely with customer insights team, data analysts and product managers to understand and interpret the needs of customer segments, analyse market trends and feed these back into product teams
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 3-5 years Marketing experience, ideally working in a tech startup or larger corporate business
- You’ve been responsible for significant growth or product marketing wins at a fast-growing company, ideally in a tech or finance company
- You’re comfortable identifying key metrics, working with data analysts, and using data to talk about the outcomes of your marketing strategies
- You can write copy that is precise, persuasive and reflects our brand
- You’re comfortable working in matrix environments with multiple stakeholders, and have a proven track record of getting support and delivering results.
- You are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, dealing with ambiguity and prioritising according to the business impact.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco Formula is our approach to how we work, as well as a set of behaviours that inspire us to create the best solutions for our customers.
The Formula has a few components:
Core Values – Our way of working.
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other.
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
The result? Flexibility, agility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You'll join a diverse, motivated and super skilled team. And you'll be motivated to grow as an individual to keep up.
To see it for yourself, have a look at our Exposure Gallery
. Photographer and Visual Anthropologist Gregor Röhrig has documented our journey in the form of beautiful photo-stories.
We're changing the world one small business at a time. Join us.
Please be aware that Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are really competitive and we tend to get a lot of applications. If you apply and don't hear back from us within 3 weeks, please reach out and follow up on your application status.