We believe in a world whee independent endeavour thrives and there is no end to opportunity. A world where everyone can pursue business, participate and connect. That is why we strive to create unique products and experiences that delight people and increase wealth locally, making the world better through Open Commerce. If this excites you and you want to be part of something bigger than yourself, solving challenging problems that could make an actual difference in South Africa, then Yoco is the company for you.
The People and Culture team is looking for an experienced Technical Recruiter to partner closely with Technical Business Leaders in order to meet the requirements of the annual hiring plan, whilst ensuring an efficient recruitment process and an unforgettable candidate experience. The ideal candidate will be well versed in full life cycle recruitment, be adept at using recruitment systems, building great relationships and have a solid track record in technical recruitment service delivery.
Yoco is a remote-first company, and will accept applications from anywhere in South Africa.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Partner with leadership to deliver on the acquisition strategy for technical talent.
- Manage the full recruitment life cycle for technical roles in the business, using proactive sourcing strategies and multiple recruitment channels.
- Optimise the use of our hiring toolkit (ATS, Career Site, Social Media Platforms, Technical recruitment platforms and job boards) to ensure that our recruiting processes are effective and scalable.
- Play an active role in building Yoco’s Employee Value Proposition for Tech Talent.
- Use data, insights and their own technical talent network to build relevant and sustainable technical talent pipelines and contribute to talent planning.
- Train and coach hiring managers on writing technical job specs and conducting interviews.
- Act as a thinking partner when it comes to team design.
- Ensure that the candidate experience is smooth from first contact to on-boarding.
- Collaborate with all members of the recruiting team to ensure optimal delivery of recruitment objectives into the business and continuous improvement.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Key requirements to perform responsibilities successfully:
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field.
- 5+ years of working experience in full life cycle recruitment with proven experience as a technical recruiter is essential.
- Experience using an applicant tracking system to manage the end to end recruitment process (Greenhouse experience is a plus!)
- Experience using recruiting platforms and job boards such as LinkedIn for talent mapping and direct outreach.
- Experience in fintech and/or startup would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fantastic customer service ethic, high expectations for quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions and provide advice when called upon.
- Self-directed, willing to experiment and not afraid to fail.
- Experience using Greenhouse, Slack or Notion is a plus!
The Yoco Formula:
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Core Behaviours - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, subscribe to Exposure Gallery.
You will also be working closely with various leaders across the business, a diverse and passionate group of people.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!