We’re looking for an experienced mobile developer to join the Yoco team in building out our iOS mobile payment capabilities.
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow.
We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help to drive our economy forward.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Build and maintain our core payments SDK and UI on iOS (Swift).
- Integrate new card machine hardware into the SDK.
- Provide a platform that allow other parties to integrate Yoco payments into their applications.
- Work with our Product Management, Design and UX minds to ensure that we deliver continuous value to our growing base of customers.
- Do the hard and complicated to make it easier and simple.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have 4+ years experience as a professional Software Engineer.
- You have strong iOS experience (Swift or Objective C)
- You’re passionate about building tools for developers and businesses
- You've got a proven ability in taking a feature or product all the way from conception to completion and release.
- You like to nurture, mould and mentor junior developers.
- You build re-usable solutions that others can use to avoid re-inventing the wheel every time.
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is highly encouraged.
- Experience with SDK or API design
- You also like to work in Android (we use Kotlin)
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages - especially new cross platform technologies like React Native.
- Experience leading teams, designing and architecting products, working with customers
- Experience in the payments industry.
What makes working at Yoco great:
Yoco is a business built on an agile foundation and an evolving base of core lesson and principles that we like to refer to as the
The Yoco Formula - how we create value
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!