Yoco is a FinTech company. We focus on building tools and services to help small and micro businesses get paid, run better, and grow. We believe in unlocking entrepreneurial potential anywhere, empowering people to thrive and driving our economy forward.
We are looking for a data-driven, structured, analytical thinker to help us drive actionable insights, build out the data capabilities in the finance space, improve the quality of data, accuracy of reporting, and automate repeatable tasks. This role involves a great deal of multitasking and cross-collaboration across a wide variety of teams.
We have embraced a remote work culture, so you’re welcome to apply from anywhere in South Africa.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Improve the quality of data and integrations
The finance team relies heavily on data from the data warehouse for reporting and analytics. It’s vital to the understanding of the business and is used in every step of the decision-making process. Understanding the nuances of the core transactional system, the reporting platforms, and the finance platform (Xero), as well as the integration points between these systems, will be key in driving changes in process and implementations back into source systems, as well as continually improving and updating the data warehouse.
Automation of reporting and self-service
The finance team has a number of manual tasks that can be automated, freeing the team up to focus on more strategic initiatives, and reducing the time spent on monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting.
The drive for self-service data in the finance space also means setting up vetted, approved and documented data sets that will enable the finance team to navigate through the complex data having the underlying complexities and data-cleansing abstracted away.
Decision making support and performance measurement
Decisions at every level rely heavily on the input and analytics from the data team. Providing support and direction, and communicating and making recommendations based on these findings.
Many of the company-level performance metrics are either reported through finance or added to the financial reporting packs. Ensuring that these metrics are well defined, highly available and trustworthy is critical in this space.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- An experienced Data Analyst or Business Intelligence Analyst with a specific focus on financial reporting
- Experience in working in either a growth-focused or technology organisation, ideally working together and collaborating with the finance team, data team, and engineering team, as well as other business stakeholders
- Comfortable with a variety of Data Analytics tools and platforms from cloud platform databases (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery) with SQL, Python, and front-end tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker
- A generalist analytical thinker with a strong financial foundation (understanding of income statements, balance sheets, reporting cycles) and preferably a knowledge of Xero, or other financial platforms
- 5+ years in a Data or Finance Reporting role
- Experience analysing and visualising financial data
- Strong experience with financial reporting and custom reporting on platforms such as Xero, Sage, Dynamics
- Experience working with engineers, finance team, and data to solve complex problems
- Strong SQL experience
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Experience in payments and payments analytics
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, Metabase
- Experience with report automation
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.