Help us build the future of commerce and empower small businesses to grow.
Are you a front end developer looking for your next challenge? Would you like to join a team of passionate, talented front end developers ready to build next-generation mobile and web applications to empower the small businesses of tomorrow? Then keep reading.
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help to drive our economy forward.
We are on the lookout for a front end developer comfortable with modern technologies such as React, and Typescript to take Yoco's applications up a notch.
Great. Broadly speaking, what does this role involve?
- Build, maintain and release our React Native (iOS and Android) applications as well as our React web portal.
- Working with our Product Managers as well as our design and UX minds to ensure that we deliver continuous business value to our growing base of customers.
- Doing the hard and complicated to make it easier and simple.
Okay, now I'm really intrigued. What are you looking for in the the ideal candidate?
- You have 2+ years as a professional Software Engineer.
- You are passionate about delivering high quality and beautiful products that are amazing for users.
- You build re-usable solutions that others can use to avoid re-inventing the wheel every time.
- Bonus points for any native mobile experience, or backend development experience.
Tell me more about Yoco's employee culture. What's it like working with you?
The Yoco Formula is our approach to how we work, as well as a set of behaviours that inspire us to create the best solutions for our customers.
The Formula has a few components:
Core Values – Our way of working.
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other.
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
The result? Flexibility, agility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You'll join a diverse, motivated and super skilled team. And you'll be motivated to grow as an individual to keep up.
To see it for yourself, have a look at our Exposure Gallery
. Photographer and Visual Anthropologist Gregor Röhrig has documented our journey in the form of beautiful photo-stories.
We're changing the world one small business at a time. Join us.
Please be aware that Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are really competitive and we tend to get a lot of applications. If you apply and don't hear back from us within 3 weeks, please reach out and follow up on your application status.