We have an open role for a talented mid-level Retail Marketing Specialist to join our growing retail team.
As part of the Retail team, you’ll play a key role in growing sales and bringing the Yoco brand to life within 1,000+ partnner stores across South Africa. Your role will be to execute a full calendar of in-store merchandising and retail promotions, customised by retail partner and tier. On a daily basis you will be part of building the brand that serves over 120,000 small businesses across South Africa
Please note this role is a six month contract.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Work with external agencies and internal brand marketing team to develop an omnichannel strategic direction for retail marketing that is aligned with our retail growth mission;
- Work with various internal & external teams and stakeholders to execute the agreed retail marketing strategy;
- Plan and negotiate all retail marketing activity with our retail partners including in-store trade marketing, promotions, digital and catalogue activity;
- Manage all executional development from briefing through to implementation;
- Act as the main point of contact with retail partners, developing, executing, supplying and auditing all necessary assets to retailers;
- Manage all aspects of the communication and marketing activities with our retail partners, from planning and implementation to reporting and administration;
- Provide post campaign analysis for all key campaigns with an ROI focus;
- Ensure all marketing materials are within our brand guidelines and compliant with legal and partner requirements;
- Drive retail compliance auditing and store checks, ensuring excellent in-trade execution which drives visibility and sales;
- Assist in defining the retail budget, with a focus on maximising return on investment;
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- You have +5 years of experience in a trade/shopper marketing or retail environment, preferably in consumer electronic or Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG);
- You have experience in working with various internal and external stakeholders to get things done;
- You enjoy analysing performance and developing new strategies to match our Retail ambitions across all retail touch points;
- You possess a systematic approach with high attention to detail;
- You are proficient communicator - both verbal and written;
- You have an ability to multi-task whilst meeting tight deadlines;
- You are highly skilled in project management, with great focus in terms of delivering projects on strategy and on ambitious growth targets;
- You write kick ass briefs;
- You have significant experience in developing and implementing marketing and/or trade marketing strategies in a retail environment;
- You are customer-obsessed, and put customers at the centre of your decisions;
- You see problems as opportunities, quickly switching to solution-mode.
You have an exceptional eye for detail and the ability to prioritise in order to meet tight deadlines. You are flexible and have the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a wider team. Working closely with the Retail Lead and Brand team you will need to work collaboratively to deliver integrated communications to drive the brand as well as being results orientated.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.