Yoco is building a Partnerships team and are searching for an ambitious, entrepreneurial individual, interested in helping Yoco to scale a brand new area of its business.
This is a unique opportunity to:
- Work with a vibrant, smart and energetic team who are social and outgoing.
- Build mutually beneficial partnerships with exciting partners & web developers that fuel growth in online payments.
- Establish supportive and friendly work relationships.
- Make a difference to the South African economy by providing partners with the tools and support to grow their own and their clients businesses.
Build an unique eco-system of developers, entrepreneurs and partners.
- You will gain exposure to the inner workings of a fast-growing startup. From day one, you will be given the opportunity to drive innovation and execute strategies that will take Yoco to the next level.
Please note this role is a six month contract position.
ROLE | WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The role of a Yoco Business Development Manager is focused, and requires a balance of technical & commercial skills. This role will place you at an essential part of Yoco’s growth in online payments.
Key duties in this role:
We value the developer community & online payments partner seriously. This role is specific to Yoco’s online payment products. In particular Payment Gateway & Payment Link.
- Increase awareness amongst the web developer community, show how Yoco is a great, slick tool, saving them & their clients time & money
- Help Yoco to become an active part, recognise, support & collaborate with the developer community. As well as joining existing communities, create a first of its kind, unique Yoco community - i.e. hackathons / clubs / events
- The above activities in turn, drive awareness & take up of Yoco’s payment gateway & payment link products
- Identify, build a pipeline & go live with new & unique partnerships that drive take up of Yoco’s payment gateway & payment link products, enabling a one to many approach
- Identify, build a pipeline & go live with new partners who benefit from using Yoco’s SDK’s for payment gateway & payment link. Create a ‘self serve’ approach so that multiple partners can follow the same path & self integrate with Yoco’s SDK’s
- Proactively manage & grow existing partnerships with eComm platforms, web developers & other online partners, at both grass roots level and senior leader level. Identify mutually beneficial opportunities for growth & take up
- Gather product feedback & collaborate with relevant teams at Yoco to improve the developer user experience
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you are an individual who knows how to code, an active part of the web developer community i.e. Wordpress,WooComm, entrepreneurial & self motivated, enjoys working in a diverse, challenging, fast paced environment, uses creativity to solve limited resources and has the ability to collaborate and work outside of your key responsibilities (cross functional projects) – we are looking for you!
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
Has experience / understands how platforms such as WordPress, WooComm, Wix & Shopify work
A developer yourself or playing a proven active part in the developer community
Ability to self-motivate, be target driven and able to manage your time effectively
Loves a challenge, thinking creatively with limited direction, is a true problem-solver
Wanting to begin your career or boost your existing career, with a highly recognised fintech start up
Strong team player
Ability to take initiative and proactively seek out the resources needed to solve the problem at hand.
Ability to drive your own boat: the ability to fearlessly use the resources at your fingertips to resolve technical challenges especially when you don't know the answer.
Prior business development / sales experience
Actively contributes to the developer community i.e. blogs / vlogs / influencer
Being able to speak multiple languages, representative of South Africa
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.