Help us build the future of commerce and empower small businesses to grow.
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help to drive our economy forward.
Our Merchant Account team is responsible for everything that happens after a payment is made to the moment the funds are available in the small business owners bank account. We are looking for an experienced backend developer with a passion for scalable system development to join this team.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Design, build and run mission critical components such as billing, merchant payout and risk management systems.
- Work with other payment teams to allow merchants to accept card payments through physical card machines, online payments and other payment methods.
- Contribute to the evolution of our system architecture and help drive our evolution towards micro-services.
- Do the hard and complicated to make it easier and simple.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- You have 4+ years experience as a professional Software Engineer (More experience is even better!).
- You have strong experience writing high quality back end systems and APIs.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and programming languages (We primarily use Scala and Python for our back end services).
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is encouraged.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.