Our products reach over 100k small businesses across the country, and soon beyond. Yoco is looking for passionate engineering manager with a background in leading technical campaigns to grow and develop our engineering talent and build inclusive, high-performing cross-functional teams.
Our engineers work in cross-functional teams arranged around missions, with a strong focus on aligning the right skills with the right problems and the right leaders to support them.
Your focus as an engineering manager will be helping engineers with personal and professional development. You will also be helping the teams that our engineers are part of to become high-performing teams. Alongside this, you will be working with key senior engineering talent to drive cross-cutting technical initiatives to improve the state of the practice of engineering at Yoco.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- You will take responsibility for related groups of engineering teams or specific discipline-based groups of engineers in teams and lead the technical strategy across those teams.
- Your impact will extend beyond your team into the larger organisation that you are a part of.
- Recruit, coach and develop great engineers.
- Drive a culture of integrated cross-functional work in close collaboration with product, design and other areas involved in solving customer needs.
- Support and enable business objectives through the work you do with teams and with other leaders in the business.
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelise great engineering and organisational practices.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of our engineering management team
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Partner with senior engineers in your area to drive technical initiatives that raise the bar for our engineering practices
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- You have worked as a software engineer manager for the last two years
- The ability to work very well cross-functionally and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You have led complex engineering efforts, and know what it takes to deliver while still having a healthy team.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You’ve managed teams that have built and maintained a client-facing product at scale. Or if not, you’ve managed a team that has delivered a great product with strong foundations
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.