As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale and payments solution opportunity in South Africa. To support this, we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Yoco is looking for an experienced Senior Designer. You will collaborate with multiple business partners across Design, Growth, Product, Environmental Spaces and more to guide our business, brand and company mission forward.
You’ll be at the heart of co-creating on-strategy ideas and bringing them to life. You’ll be asked to connect dots, organise thoughts and develop plans to match the teams’ expectations. You will lead projects through your strong design capabilities from concept through execution, QA, and iteration. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
You’re conceptual, strategic, kind, can share and sell your ideas, and encourage others to share theirs. You sweat the smallest design details, understand what it takes to develop great creative work, excel in cross-discipline collaboration, and have a passion for inspiring team members.
You'll be part of building the tools that thousands of people use to run their businesses and serve their customers every day.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Use your design skills to develop and execute brand campaigns and experiences across different platforms - from web to print and marketing channels (presentation decks, clothing, packaging, event collateral, environmental design and exhibition design).
- Work collaboratively on projects to create concepts, mood boards, graphic solutions and visual treatments.
- Contribute and communicate with a team that includes designers, producers, product strategists, copywriters and engineers.
- You may also co-direct photo shoots and design physical installations.
- Support and mentor other designers.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 5+ years’ experience in a reputable Design / Digital agency.
- A master of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Experience with design systems and brand guidelines.
- Ability to execute multiple styles of design and illustration.
- Experience leading projects through the design process.
- Animation / motion graphics knowledge would be a plus.
- Mastery and experimentation of design fundamentals (colour, typographic skills, layout).
- Experience partnering with copywriters and teams of designers, engineers, program managers and product marketers.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for beautifully crafted work.
- Strives for simple, elegant design solutions.
- Exhibits exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Can lead a team and mentor junior team members.
- Self starter - drive projects from start to finish.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.