Customer Centricity is the core of our DNA and everything we do is centered around our customers, the Key Account Management plays a very important role in fulfilling this commitment to our customers.
This role has helped us grow in building valuable partnerships and relationships with our customers, but most importantly it continues to give us guidelines in understanding, knowing and staying close to our customers.
As an Account Manager you will play an important role in continuing on building and maintaining profitable relationships within our merchant base. We are looking for someone to join our team who thinks differently about problems and values important relationships. This person will deliver value to the key accounts team by using their analytical skills to generate data to support informed decisions, draw on their creativity to support the business development team to build relevant and highly effective co-marketing programs.
This position is a 6 month fixed-term contract.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- You will be driving for highest levels of customer satisfaction and support by understanding challenges that are critical to customers and applying a solution-based approach.
- Provide a "high-touch" service through frequent visits and close contact with merchants.
- Onboard and train merchants and ensure a smooth handover process is adhered to at all times post-acquisition.
- Build and maintain customer networks and customer supplier networks to ensure effective relationships at an operational level.
- Proactively work with the Durban Area Lead Lead and other units within the organisation to retain and grow customer processing volumes and revenue and prevent client churn within your control.
- Establish effective internal relationships and processes with Supply Chain, Sales, Finance, Business Development and other units within the organisation to maintain superior customer service levels.
Execute customer pricing negotiations and profit-margins in line with merchant volume-value growth - dependent on customer base and profile but with exposure to and support of high profile customers to build capabilities.
Deliver on internal and external stakeholder requirements and service level agreements.
Weekly & Monthly Tasks:
- Demonstrate innovative thinking in the area of expertise and translate this into business processes, solutions and working practice improvements.
- Implement and maintain a metric system as a reporting tool to ensure efficiency in measuring internal metrics and KPI's to drive the expected service delivery internally and externally to assist in the achievement of company objectives and goals.
- Identify new revenue and growth opportunities and refer to the Business Solutions Consultants team, Business Development, and cooperate with other strategic departments to up-sell our product offerings and value propositions.
- Perform other assigned duties based on business priorities and organisational needs.
- Attend work events where required for brand awareness and market activations.
- Actively promote and live up to the Yoco values and company culture.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- At least 3 years proven experience in an Account Management or Key Account Management position.
- A relevant completed tertiary qualification.
- A valid driver's license and own reliable vehicle.
- Willingness to travel is a must. This position requires both short and long distance trips for site visits as necessary.
- Excellent customer service, relationship development and consultative skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills over various channels.
- Proactive self-starter who can manage yourself independently and be highly organized with exceptional time management.
- Ability to manage administrative support and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and become an expert in the company's product offering.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Friendly, polite and professional
- Have an obsession with processes and reporting and understand their importance in the growth of the company.
- Adaptable, loves challenges and ready to work in an ever-changing environment
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be part of a high performance team.
- Proficient knowledge in operating CRM databases
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.