We are a proudly African fintech company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe by opening up more possibilities for small local businesses to be successful, we help create jobs, empower communities to thrive, and ultimately push our economy forward. We want people who are inspired by this goal, people who can help us achieve it.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
At Yoco we are not building software, we are engineering prosperity for all South Africans.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 10 years of working experience, or highly skilled with less.
- BSc+ Computer Science, equivalent degree or self-taught.
- Excellent web engineering/development skills.
- Design-centred thinking, with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Excellent collaboration skills across the wider company.
- Pride in your work, and an ability to lead those around you towards excellence.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Active involvement in Web Development communities.
- A passion for learning, and for sharing what you learn.
Yoco Tech Stack
- Jest - JS Testing Framework.
- Detox & TestProject for automated testing.
- Fastlane & Bitrise for release automation.
- Firebase for Realtime data sync.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected.
- Make Space to Explore.
- Keep it Simple.
- Master your Craft.
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally.
- Say what you think and challenge me directly.
- Be courageous and focus forward.
- Don’t let ego get in the way.
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.