Yoco’s sales organisation acquires merchants via inbound sales, outbound sales and retail channels. The Sales Operations Lead is responsible for the functions that amplify the success of our sales organisation. These functions include planning, process optimisation, compensation design and administration, sales tools management and administration, sales and partner reporting, revenue share and account management.
You will be responsible for scaling our sales and retail teams' performance, leveraging your best in class technology, business process and project management skills, acting as a business partner to sales and retail teams.
The role requires a hybrid of skills across strategic planning, analytics, process excellence, and systems optimization. The individual should also be experienced in managing commercial relationships with third party and retail distribution partners for hardware products.
You will report to the head of sales and will be a member of the sales leadership team.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Partner with sales management to oversee day to day process execution, identify problems, recommend actions, communicate performance resultsLead sales forecasting, planning, and processes used within the sales organisation to ensure the highest levels of predictability.
- Understand our sales team’s pain points and introduce / modify tools and processes for productivity gains.
- Own sales team tools, metrics, and analytical infrastructure.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of salesforce.com.
- Design and administer the sales team's and partner's incentive compensation.
- Manage the strategy, analysis, and execution of Yoco's retail supply chain Lead multidisciplinary projects to build processes and systems for product fulfilment and oversight of retail distribution partners.
- Support the selection evaluation and on-boarding of new distribution partnersLead and conduct regular business reviews with key partners to evaluate on-going performanceManage day-to-day partnership operations with Yoco’s retail partnersLead retail sales forecasting, planning, and processes to ensure the highest levels of predictability.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams on sales GTM process, tracking and administration of new product launches and campaigns.
- Ensure the data integration and collaboration between cross-functional teams such as marketing, sales and finance.
What this role will not be responsible for:
- Sales management (making sales, managing sales teams).
- Sales enablement (training, coaching).
- Retail business development (sourcing and closing retail partners).
- Retail marketing (running campaigns with retail partners to increase sales)
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree. Analytical or technical academic background preferred.
- 7+ years experience ideally in sales operations, management consulting, or other analytical work.
- Experience with CRM tools (Salesforce) and data visualization tools (Tableau)
- Leadership / people management
- Strong analytics and reporting expertise
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel / Google Apps
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated collaboration across functions including finance, product, marketing, analytics, etc
- Creative problem-solving skills and attitude - willingness to build new deliverables/processes from scratch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to influence others effectively
- SQL, Tableau, or Python programming skills.
- Emerging market, FinTech or startup experience.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.