Yoco is a payments business at its core, we obsess about making payments as simple and delightful as possible. In our scale up stage, it is key to understand the payments user behaviour in order to diagnose, improve and optimise the payment experience. Alongside the core payments product, Yoco also offers Capital and other small business tools to make running a small business as easy as possible. The purpose of the role is to understand and improve the Yoco user’s experience across all digital platforms (app & web) for payments and adjacent products.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Build out the Product Insights capability at Yoco:
At Yoco we build new great new products for merchants as quickly as possible by forming small autonomous, cross-functional pods capable of end to end delivery. Each pod includes a Product Manager, front and back-end engineers, QA and a product designer. From 2020 we are adding data analysts as a core skill that is required in each pod. The broader data analyst team embedded in pods will make up the new Product Insights team. As a senior in this space you will be leading analytical thinking in the Product Management space, coaching the data analysts in advanced analytics, and building out a team to scale this impact across all products.
Creating a generalised, repeatable framework for analysing user behaviour in digital platforms:
Key to the role is building a platform that enables rapid visual analysis by all stakeholders. This encompasses the entire framework from initial setup, standardising tagging within and across platforms, and metadata management, to front-end set up and user training.
Supporting Product Managers to implement and rapidly iterate through the build, measure and learn loop:
Ensure that data is a consideration throughout the software development lifecycle by partnering with Product Managers at the outset and feeding back to Engineering to ensure data quality.
Define great metrics to align the team:
Parse product objectives into measurable KPIs and perform the analysis, to not only measure success but also to provide insights into explaining user behaviour and proposing experiments to validate hypotheses.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- An experienced Data Analyst with a specific focus on product analytics, or
- A product manager with a strong analytical competency, looking to specialise in data analysis, or
- A generalist analytical thinker with a strong technical foundation (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or Actuarial Science) looking to apply familiar techniques to product analytics
- 5+ years in an Data, Engineering or Product Management role
- Experience analysing and visualising event streams in web and app contexts
- Experience with experimentation, A/B testing and funnel building with large datasets
- Experience with optimisation on digital platforms
- Experience mentoring or coaching team members
- Strong SQL experience
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Experience in payments and payments analytics
- Experience with Mixpanel (or similar)
- Experience with event streams and mobile app measurement
- Experience with user behaviour and experience
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.