Yoco is looking for an exceptional individual to become our new VP of Application Engineering. The VP of Application Engineering will help us make our engineering organisation successful in our challenges ahead. The ideal candidate enjoys mentoring engineers and will enable them to be successful employees at Yoco. Help them grow within the company and help us hire talented people that fit our company culture and values. This person will have a huge role in hiring new engineers, coaching engineers, designing how we do engineering, and deciding when it's time for someone to move on.
Together with our Head of Product and our Head of Product Design you will lead our Product and Product Delivery teams. This leader must be a deep technologist, possess proven expertise in enhancing productivity and growing engineering teams.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead our multidisciplinary engineering team.
- Establish engineering success metrics.
- Ensure the team is set-up for long term success.
- Ensure the engineering goals are aligned with the rest of the company.
- Build a strong engineering culture that will support an enable the purpose and vision of the business.
- Be an innovator in how we work so that we can achieve innovative goals.
- Create visibility info engineering for those who have limited experience with the area.
- Organise and adhere to tight schedules and working with others to ensure everyone is on track to reach their assigned goals within the allocated time frame.
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximise their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects, Engineering Managers to ensure the teams have clear direction and priorities
- Establishing engineering goals and metrics.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Proven ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team to focus their energy on achieving business goals.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record for investing in team and driving results through collaboration.
- Ability to create partnerships across the entire organisation and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders from engineers to executives.
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Some who is passionate about engineering quality and operational excellence. You have the know-how to build an engineering organisation that delivers it
Managing distributed teams across several offices/hubs.
5+ years of engineering management experience, including managing managers
Demonstrated experience shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams, vendors, and continents
Deep experience implementing engineering, management, and process best practices within a rapidly growing team
Exceptional empathy and listening skills, as judged by your peers and reports (whose references we will ask for)
Great track record of growing top-notch engineering teams quickly and mentoring junior engineers and emerging leaders
Experience building focused technical/platform roadmaps and making tough trade-offs, including balancing long-term platform investments and urgent business needs.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.