Yoco's purpose is to enable people to thrive by creating an open commerce ecosystem for small business across Africa. We do this by using technology to build tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We really believe in something great and want to see people's dreams come true both inside and outside Yoco. To achieve this we need smart, passionate talent who wants to be part of something bigger than themselves. The People and Culture team is looking for a Senior Recruiter to help us find this talent in a highly competitive market.
IDEAL CANDIDATE - WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
IDEAL CANDIDATE - WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Key role requirements to perform responsibilities:
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field.
- 6+ years of relevant working experience in talent acquisition (a combination of in-house and agency recruitment will be beneficial).
- Experience in financial services or technology environments - proven experience in attracting and acquiring technical talent.
- Understands the entire People/ HR function and employee lifecycle.
- Takes initiative, goes deep to get to the big picture / essence and stays open minded.
- Preference for using data to shape talent acquisition strategies.
- Self-directed with a strong ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Customer service ethic, high expectations for quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to solve complex people problems, make decisions and provide expert advice.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.