Yoco is an African Payments company with the vision to help small businesses across the continent and the world better run and grow their business. We are at a key inflection point in our journey: We have just crossed 50 000 merchants in South Africa and are now in an excellent position to execute our vision of expanding our offering to more markets outside of South Africa. To help us achieve that vision, we are looking for a motivated and driven associate to join our expansion team to shape and drive our growth strategy and ambitions outside of South Africa.
The expansion associate will work closely with the head of expansion and the Yoco founders to design, shape and execute this crucial part of the Yoco journey going forward. You will play a key role in supporting our expansion all the way from formulating strategy to driving execution and supporting market launches and operations.
This role will be based in Johannesburg, with up to 30% travel expected.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Develop and support go-to-market approaches and strategies by combining public and private data, market insights and taking into account general industry and competitor trends from our regions and across the world.
- Drive ongoing awareness of our opportunities through market research and prioritization of key markets and focus areas
- Support execution of go-to-market strategies, both remotely as well as in market
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders across the expansion journey
- Support in replicating Yoco’s unique customer journey in new markets through smart partnerships
Analyse the competitive environment and identify key individuals and companies of relevance for the success of our activities
Understand, navigate and influence the regulatory environment across identified markets and support compliant operations.
Collaborate with various stakeholders inside of Yoco in order to drive the expansion agenda
Actively promote and live up to the Yoco values and company culture.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- You have a Technical / Economics / Business or MBA background
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably in consulting, banking, the financial services industry and other high-growth technology companies
- Experience in international work environments
- Previous experience of developing and executing strategies
- Previous experience in business development and / or partnership development
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional project teams and interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Analytical, detail-oriented and structured
- Proactive problem solver
- Lifelong learner, loves a challenge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to easily adapt to a number of environments and tasks
- Can drive your own boat: the ability to fearlessly use the resources at your fingertips to resolve challenges especially when you don't know the answer
Bonus points/nice to have:
Previous Experience in the financial services industry, ideally payments
Strong interest & knowledge of the startup and fintech environment
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
At Yoco we create space to explore, we keep it simple, we stay connected to our customers and product and work towards mastering our craft. These are our core values and provides every individual at Yoco with an opportunity to grow. To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths.
Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.