As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale and payments solution opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
As a Customer Insights Specialist, you will join a team of experts across UX, CX and Industrial design disciplines, working towards the constant improvement and understanding of our merchant experience. Your expertise in behavioural insights will allow us to understand our merchants better and provide valuable insights back to the business.
IDEAL CANDIDATE - WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Contribute to your team objectives by enabling them to make better decisions through an applied understanding of Yoco's merchants and the markets our business operates in.
- Lead and execute qualitative research, from framing, planning, design, execution and synthesis to activation of the research.
- Work directly with a range of internal teams to apply new insights and translate them into value and impact.
- Guide prioritisation of initiatives to generate frictionless and positive merchant experiences through continual research and behavioral insights.
- Respond to immediate need of teams for customer insight and problem-solving.
- Drive customer-centricity across the company through leadership, transparency and knowledge sharing.
- Work in a cross functional team with a design and business background who are comfortable working outside their field of expertise.
IDEAL CANDIDATE - WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Key role requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 3 Year Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University in the Anthropology or Behavioural Science OR 1 - 3 years qualitative research experience in a startup, corporate or agency environment, within the innovation or new product development space. Including proof of the application of academic knowledge into the non-academic world, showing applied science.
- Experienced in ethnographic interview techniques, meeting people where they are and understanding the value of in-context research.
- Ability to frame and design a research initiative to generate maximum output value.
- Strong ability to take internal stakeholders along on a journey: strong on collaboration, leadership and communication skills.
- A basic understanding of quantitative research methods, from surveys to A/B testing and understanding of which techniques to apply when.
- Understands and champions the value of anthropology, behavioural science and qualitative research for innovation and business strategy.
- Flexibility to travel, approximately four to five weeks per quarter.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Experience in FinTech or SME services environment.
- CX or UX design training or experience, in the digital or physical world
VALUE PROPOSITION – WHY WORK AT YOCO
At Yoco we create space to explore, we keep it simple, we stay connected to our customers and product and work towards mastering our craft. These are our core values and provides every individual at Yoco with an opportunity to grow. To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths.
Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.