Customer centricity is at the core of everything Yoco does and as our Head of Customer Support, you will be responsible for providing a productive and motivating work environment for a team of Customer Engagement Consultants to ensure they’re giving the best customer support possible to our Yoco merchants during a period of rapid company growth.
Your most important role will be to build and lead a strong team, focusing on their personal development and helping them accomplish desired results that will help our merchants grow and run their businesses.
We expect our Head of Customer Support will commit to excellent service standards, maintain high customer satisfaction and lead by example by upholding the core Yoco values by applying years of relevant knowledge and experience.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves working with people, has a passion for helping others and creating amazing customer experiences. You are ideally someone who has lead a team in a fast-paced environment and exemplifies humble yet directed leadership. If you are someone who is patient, empathetic, energetically communicative with our merchants and can lead alongside a team, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a leader of a Customer Support/or similar team unit; a minimum of 3 to 5 years in the e-commerce environment will be an advantage.
- A Degree in Consumer Studies, Psychology, Business Management or related fields.
- Be tech savvy with business tools, have a working knowledge of operating CRM databases and other business tools such as Zendesk, Periscope and Aircall.
- An ability to lead and think in a strategic, solution-driven mindset to solve merchant’s pain points.
- An ability to lead a team in a motivating and inclusive manner.
- Develop customer satisfaction goals and coordinate with the team to meet them on consistent regular basis.
- Have an awareness of the latest technology trends in the industry.
Other essential skills and requirements:
- A self-starter, have a positive attitude and manage oneself independently
- A drive for delivering high quality work, and the ability to lead under pressure.
- Have an obsession with processes and reporting and understand their importance in the growth of the company
- Be reliable, friendly, polite, professional and exude excellent customer support and customer-relations skills.
- Be solution and innovation driven; implement efficient ways of working within the team function.
- Be adaptable, love challenges and have a readiness to lead in an ever-changing environment.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As the Head of Customer Support, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Lead by creating a productive, motivational and prosperous working environment for the Customer Engagement team through active encouragement and empowerment.
- Exemplify inclusive leadership attributes through openness, transparency and trust to enable the Customer Engagement team to thrive.
- Be responsible for the mentorship and development of our Customer Engagement Consultants.
- Develop, innovate and implement customer support procedures, policies and standards.
- Design and set goals and targets for the Customer Engagement Team.
- Drive productivity in alignment with both the team and wider organisational goals.
- Plan and monitor daily activities within Customer Engagement operations.
- Strategise on solutions aimed at handling Yoco’s increasing merchant-base at scale.
- Analyse customer support metrics and compile accurate feedback reports to the business.
- Keep the unit running in an efficient and profitable manner, to increase customer satisfaction, expectations and retention.
- Handle escalated customer complaints by providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within the service level agreement and follow up to ensure a resolution has been achieved.
- Work with stakeholders to own the recruitment and growth of the Customer Engagement Team
- Build sustainable relationships rooted in trust through open and interactive communication with Yoco customers.
- Lead by example in going the extra mile to engage with customers and fellow colleagues.
- Stay informed on the latest industry techniques and methods.
- Actively promote and live up to the Yoco values and company culture.
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
At Yoco we create space to explore, we keep it simple, we stay connected to our customers and product and work towards mastering our craft. These are our core values and provides every individual at Yoco with an opportunity to grow. To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths.
Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.