Customer centricity is at the core of everything we do, and as Head of Customer Support, you will be responsible for providing a productive and motivating work environment for a team of Customer Support Consultants.
Your most important role will be to structure and lead a strong team, focusing on their personal development and helping them accomplish desired results that will help our merchants grow. In the current environment, we are not rapidly growing our team, but once the recovery ramps up, building an effective team will become critical.
Our ideal candidate is someone that loves working with people. You are ideally someone that has led a team in a fast-paced environment and exemplifies humble yet directed leadership.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Key skills and requirements:
- Proven work experience as a leader of a Customer Support or similar team; a minimum of 3 to 5 years in a technology company will be an advantage.
- A Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or related fields.
- Be tech savvy with business tools, have a working knowledge of operating CRM databases and other business tools such as Salesforce.
- An ability to lead and think in a strategic, solution-driven mindset to solve merchant’s pain points efficiently
- Ability to engage and interact with product and development teams to systematically solve problems at source (technical knowledge not specifically required)
Other essential skills and requirements:
- A self-starter that takes initiative and can and manage oneself independently
- A drive for delivering high quality work, and the ability to lead under pressure
- Have an obsession with processes and reporting and understand their importance in the growth of the company
- Be reliable, friendly, polite, professional and exude excellent customer support and customer-relations skills
- Be adaptable and ready to lead in an ever-changing environment
- Passionate about small business and entrepreneurship
- Very clear on the fact that customers drive Yoco
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As the Head of Customer Support, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Lead by creating a productive, motivational and prosperous working environment for the Customer Support team through active encouragement and empowerment
- Exemplify inclusive leadership attributes through openness, transparency and trust to enable the Customer Support team to thrive
- Be responsible for the mentorship and development of our Customer Support Consultants
- Engage and integrate with the rest of the Leadership Team to deliver on company strategy
- Develop, innovate and implement customer support procedures, policies and standards
- Develop and deliver on customer satisfaction goals and coordinate with the team to meet them on a consistent basis
- Plan and monitor daily activities within Customer Support operations
- Strategise on solutions aimed at handling Yoco’s increasing merchant-base at scale
- Keep the unit running in an efficient and profitable manner, to increase customer satisfaction, expectations and retention.
- Handle escalated customer complaints by providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within the service level agreement and follow up to ensure a resolution has been achieved
- Work with stakeholders to own the recruitment and growth of the Customer Support Team when required
- Build sustainable relationships rooted in trust through open and interactive communication with Yoco customers
- Lead by example in going the extra mile to engage with customers and fellow colleagues
- Actively promote and live up to the Yoco values and company culture
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
At Yoco we create space to explore, we keep it simple, we stay connected to our customers and product and work towards mastering our craft. These are our core values and they provide every individual at Yoco with an opportunity to grow. To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths.
Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team that will continuously stretch you as an individual.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.