We’re expanding our Growth Marketing team to support the business and help delight our customers during this rapid phase of growth. So, if you're bursting with positive energy and chomping at the bit for a chance to join an exciting company that's revolutionising an industry and empowering business owners across South Africa, we want you.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated individual with an analytical mind, a proactive inclination, natural problem-solving ability and the writing skills to match. You could have an undergraduate degree or if you’ve taken an alternative route, you definitely have valuable and relevant experience in a high-performance environment.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Relevance and clarity boost conversions. Friction, fear and distraction kill it. Urgency is what nudges people to take action right away. You’ll ensure each piece of communication is working as hard as it can.
To do this you’ll create and edit content that will immediately answer the questions of user’s:
“Why should I care?”, “What is the value to me?” and “How do I get it, now?”.
You’re in the user’s corner, increasing relevance and clarity, while making friction and anxiety a thing of the past.
With your deep understanding of Yoco’s solutions you’ll ensure the KPI’s associated with the work are being achieved. At the same time you’ll find the balance between brand, sales, clarity and be a touchpoint for other departments to sense-check their public facing written work.
- Writing content for all marketing channels.
- Editing content produced by others to ensure effectiveness.
- Ensure content is tracked against its KPIs and that they are being achieved.
- Ability to manage all aspects of your work independently.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key role requirements to perform responsibilities
- 2-5 years experience in a similar role is key.
- A portfolio of sample work. We’re looking for people who not only know what they’re talking about, but also those that can hit the ground running.
- A Marketing qualification (degree or diploma), or similar industry experience.
- Learn and figure it out - you already know learning is ongoing in this role.
- Blue sky thinking, ideation tied strongly to strategy and analytics.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A track record of achievement in a similar role.
Excellent candidates will have experience and knowledge of:
- Producing and editing written content that is aligned with an objective and inline with the brand.
- Use of behavioural economics in your work; persuasion, hooks, anchoring, priming, influencing. You know them all.
- Working on different kinds of content for blog posts, brochure copy, email, SMS, in-app messaging, support templates, ad copy and the rest.
- Elastic use of tone and style to connect with different audiences.
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHY WORK FOR YOCO?
At Yoco we create spaces to explore, we keep it simple, we stay connected to our customers and product and work towards mastering our craft. Joining our team provides valuable experience in your career as a Copywriter.
As part of the Yoco team, you will play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa. To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths.
Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. And you will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.