ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Think through Yoco’s systems and visualise the user experience, identify problems in the system and design quick solutions to have impactful improvements.
- Create clever, impactful product design experiment solutions to complex problems across the pre-and-post sales funnel’s.
- Have a data informed approach to product design. You’ve used tools and resources needed to measure success of growth product design decisions.
- Have the experience, understanding between the trade-offs between design and engineering (cost/time) when conducting experiments.
- Brainstorm, iterate and experiment concepts and prototypes with real users.
- Take full responsibility for your work, owning it from concept to launch.
- Keep yourself and the rest of the Growth team up to date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies within growth focused product design and your wider field.
- Support Yoco to scale its UX design capabilities in terms of teams, tools and structures.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 4+ years work experience with product design, specifically in running measurable experiments
- Passion for Yoco’s end-users.
- Ability to collaborate with developers, copywriters, product managers and designers.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
- Driven to ship your designs: understand that the ultimate value of design is only seen once shipped to a customer.
- Data analysis and quantification skills - able to analyse the performance of campaigns and gather insights from this analysis to improve future performance.
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHY WORK FOR YOCO?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.