Yoco is looking for an experienced UX Architecture Designer, to partner with UI designers and our Technology and Product teams on key projects, who has a passion for mobile application design.
We are wanting someone who is passionate about developing product design strategies based on the insights of real people and is specialized in turning these insights into highly functional and attractive experiences.
You'll be part of building the tools that thousands of people use to run their businesses and serve their customers every day.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Design UX architecture across Yoco's product suite, taking full responsibility for your work.
- Offer UX architecture feedback and support during design critiques.
- Create delightful, elegant and effective solutions to complex problems.
- Be informed by user research, insights and interactions.
- Brainstorm, iterate and test concepts and prototypes with real users.
- Collaborate closely and successfully negotiate with Software Engineers to get your designs built into iOS, Android, and Web applications.
- Help us scale our product design capabilities in terms of teams, tools and structures.
- Keep yourself and the rest of the Studiyo team up to date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies in UX product design and your wider field.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 2+ years of commercial UX Architecture Design experience across Android, iOS and web.
- Strong architecture thinker: structures and flow design, from a strong user perspective.
- At least 2 - 5 years’ work experience within design, software development, or related field.
- Proficient in Sketch, InVision, and/or Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Strong ‘mobile-first’ thinking, able to design for the unique challenges of various mobile devices.
- Strong ability to collaborate closely with researchers, UI designers, developers, copywriters and product managers
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
- Values the craft of product design, showing empathy for customers.
- Driven to ship your designs: understand that the ultimate value of design is only seen once shipped to a customer.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Current or previous experience in Financial Services – advantageous.
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHY WORK FOR YOCO?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.