As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will be taking ownership of Yoco’s online presence in Google Adwords and in the Search Engine Page Results (SERP).
This is an opportunity to thrive within a startup environment and will offer you the chance to master your craft by constantly being challenged to: prioritise, execute, analyse and report on KPI's, in order to assure delivery on set key metrics.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Responsibilities will include, among other things, a combination of:
- Manage, review, and perform daily account responsibilities associated with Google AdWords, Yahoo, Bing and other search platforms.
- Maintain and monitor keyword bids, account daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics.
- Provide creative copy suggestions and graphical ad templates.
- Manage Display network placement lists on AdWords and through other contextual advertising platforms.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, display network, and other facets of paid search.
- Generate weekly and monthly reporting for all key metrics, KPI’s and learnings.
- Stay abreast with all technical and content advances in the world of Adwords and SEO to bring thought leadership and fresh, innovative developments to our product and marketing growth strategy.
- Develop and execute successful SEO strategies.
- Conduct keyword research to guide content creators.
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes.
- Optimise website content and landing pages.
- Direct off-page optimisation projects.
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects.
- Work with social media and PPC teams to optimise campaigns.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of Adwords experience
- 7+ years of hands-on technical; onsite and external Search Engine Optimisation
- In-depth knowledge of the technologies and processes involved in running Search Media campaigns.
- Proven success working in the Google Marketing Platform and Google Ads
- A good understanding of Google Analytics and other web analytics packages
- Hands-experience from working with SEO tools such as DeepCrawl, Google Webmaster Tools, Ahrefs.
- Proven experience as SEO Manager or similar role
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO practices
- Excellent understanding of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Technical knowledge and implementation of tracking scripts/pixels
- Technical knowledge and implementation of the different types of re-marketing strategies
- Excellent analytical, organisational, project management and time management skills.
- Data analysis and quantification skills - able to analyse the performance of campaigns and gather insights from this analysis to improve future performance.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Experience from a Fintech work environment
- Passion for Search and internet marketing.
- Experience from working in a cross-functional team
- Highly analytical and data driven.
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHY WORK FOR YOCO?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.