Yoco is a FinTech company. We focus on building tools and services to help small and micro businesses get paid, run better, and grow. We believe in unlocking entrepreneurial potential anywhere, in empowering people to thrive and in driving our economy forward.
Yoco was founded in 2013. Today we are a company of over 100 people all driven by a common goal: keeping the needs of our customers at heart. Our vision is Open Commerce and we want to do this to enable people to thrive.
The TechOps team allows Yoco to create new customer value fast. This is the team that lays and protects the foundation so that we can build amazing things quickly and securely. They also ensure that, once deployed, our systems are stable, and scale effectively.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Keep our systems running!
- Lead the design and deployment of systems infrastructure for installing secure, highly available software at scale.
- Grow and shape a team of world-class TechOps Engineers to work by your side.
- Automate common functionality to empower various depts to manage their infrastructure needs independently.
- Implement, monitor and scale systems that support large amounts of data and requests with high percentage of availability.
- Deploy, update, network, compute, storage, and virtualisation infrastructure for our services and 3rd party tools.
- Work cross-functionally to understand the requirements for architecting infrastructure according to scale and volume of data.
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD infrastructure.
- Establish best practices for security, monitoring, migration and expansion of business systems infrastructure.
- Own the troubleshooting and debugging of performance problems and architecture bottlenecks.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- Have 8+ years expert experience in designing, building and maintaining AWS cloud based infrastructure
- Have 3+ year’s experience leading a team of expert TechOps Engineers
- Have hands-on experience on EC2, S3, EFS, RDS, IAM, Security groups, ELB, auto scaling, deployment and migration of environment
- Expert in debugging issues, identifying faults and enhancing logging of software
- Are experienced in IT infrastructure and systems security, cloud or network systems management, and business continuity
- Have knowledge of Terraform, Puppet and Kubernetes preferred
- Are experienced in writing code in multiple scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, etc
- Works collaboratively across the entire organisation, balancing the needs of various departments with business pragmatism, managing stakeholder expectations, and tracking the various work streams into and out of your team.
- Are transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHY WORK FOR YOCO?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.