Yoco is building our Customer Growth team and are searching for a top-performing, ambitious individual, interested in furthering their career by providing business solutions to our existing Merchant base.
This is an opportunity to:
- Work with a vibrant, smart and energetic team who are social and outgoing.
- Build relationships with exciting start-ups and innovative entrepreneurs.
- Establish supportive and friendly work relationships.
- Make a difference to the South African economy by providing businesses with the tools and support to grow their businesses and revenue streams whilst building an eco-system of entrepreneurs and small to medium business owners.
You will gain exposure to the inner workings of a fast-growing startup. From day one, you will be given the opportunity to drive innovation and execute strategies that will take Yoco to the next level.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
The role of a Yoco Business Growth Specialist is focused, but not limited to communicating the value of Yoco’s after-acquisition product portfolio. This role will place you at an essential part Yoco’s growth in a key segment as well as become part of an amazing team dynamic.
- Understanding the key segments of our merchant base and their individual requirements by building relationships through email and telephonic communication
- Facilitating the customer journey and increasing their LTV. Primarily through the selling of our Capital Products.
- Facilitating the initiation and adoption of additional Yoco product offerings to the merchant base
- Providing information and feedback to the Customer Success teams on merchant sentiment and best ways to approach segments according to offerings and requirements
- Ensure that your targets on Capital Products are met.
- Management of your accumulated pipeline of potential merchants through the Salesforce CRM to ensure targets are met.
- Cross-functional and collaborative project work to enable your team and the company to focus on customer-centric growth
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
An individual who has natural business flair, is team orientated, enjoys working in a diverse environment, is able to be flexible in the work space and adapt to changes, has a willingness to go beyond the call of duty from time to time and has the ability to collaborate and work outside of your key responsibilities (cross functional projects) – we are looking for you!
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- Has at least 1 year’s experience of multi-industry B2B sales or account management experience preferably in the Retail, Hospitality, Health and Beauty or Financial Services Sectors
- Be able to communicate to business prospects over the phone on how Yoco Capital products would grow their business
- Eager to continue their sales and account management career in a high performance company.
- Ability to self-motivate, be target driven and able to manage your time effectively.
- Lifelong learner, loves a challenge, is a true problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Strong team player
- Ability to take initiative and proactively seek out the resources needed to solve the problem at hand.
- Ability to easily adapt to a number of environments.
- Ability to drive your own boat: the ability to fearlessly use the resources at your fingertips to resolve technical challenges especially when you don't know the answer.
- Tech-Savvy and knowledge of the South African Fintech industry
- Knowledge of payments and the mobile Point of Sale space
- Experience with CRM tools (e.g. Saleforce)
- Experience in Small Business / B2B sales
- Being able to speak multiple languages
EXPECTATIONS OF AN EMPLOYEE AT YOCO
Dealing with People
- Demonstrate the capacity to communicate & influence: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Demonstrate the capacity to Prevent & solve problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Demonstrate the capacity achieve results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated.
Dealing with Self
- Demonstrate the capacity to manage ones self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability.
Be aligned to the values
- Provide evidence of past behaviours that link to the Yoco Employee Values
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.