We are a team of Software Engineers and Product professionals who have effective relationships with many satisfied customers. We are committed to understanding the FinTech sector and improving payment processes for SMB’s.
We are wanting a collaborative and accomplished Intermediate Software Engineer who is who wanting to contribute to our mission and learn in an agile environment, who is passionate about customers, delivering high quality products, building robust solutions and can be both a technical champion and source of information and knowledge share to a medium-sized group of like-minded individuals.
We’re a diverse and zealous team, committed to constructing some of the world's leading finance technology products, while providing an unparalleled experience to our customers. If you're passionate about adding new value to a robust team and diverse group of customers, have a love for all things tech and wanting to learn and be challenged, we are the company to join.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Writing code for our mobile and web applications using React, NodeJS, React Native and Redux (with some gentle sprinkles of Objective C and Java as required).
- Building APIs and services on our back-end using Scala and PostgreSQL.
- You will help decide and plan which features we will build, and how they are architected and implemented.
- Build features and products that are easy to use and help our customers grow their businesses.
- You will work closely with your team, which includes other Software Engineers, Product Management(s), our design and UX minds as well as members of the broader Yoco Team.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Who you are:
- You are happy writing both back-end code and doing some front-end work on Web and Mobile applications.
- You can take a feature all the way from conception to release.
- You enjoy using and are not afraid to learn new and exciting technologies.
- You are excellent at solving complicated problems, understanding real-world issues and delivering high-quality software.
- You can deliver stable yet flexible software that allows us to iterate quickly to deliver features.
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- At least 4 years’ experience as a professional software engineer.
- Experience with both back-end and front-end development.
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is highly encouraged.
- SQL database experience.
- Experience with Scala or another functional language.
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Mobile development experience.
- Experience leading teams, designing and architecting products, working with customers all a plus.
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.