Yoco is growing!
In Finance at Yoco, you will work across the company to ensure that Yoco makes sound financial decisions by providing financial leadership and analytical support. You will take on an important role in managing all aspects of the financial accounting. This is a key role, in one of the continents leading FinTech startups with significant potential for personal growth.
Joining Yoco at this exciting growth phase of the company, gives you an opportunity to work with the leadership team and drive the Financial operations of the firm.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Day-to-day bookkeeping and maintenance of the accounting/general ledger
- Bank reconciliations, supplier reconciliations and payments
- Cashflow management
- Developing and managing the finance policies and control environment
- Assist with the annual financial audit
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements
- Assist in the set-up of group reporting structures
- Assist with payroll administration
- Assist with compliance of EE, BBBEE and other relevant legislation
- Providing financial guidance, insight and advice to the management team
- Train and develop junior team members
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities successfully:
- Newly qualified CA(SA)/ACCA or other relevant financial management professions
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Practical understanding of accounting standards and principles
- High attention to detail and results focus
- Understanding of the South African regulatory and business environment
- Have a desire to implement and improve financial controls
- Must have a passion for accurate and complete financial reporting
- Willingness to experiment with new software tools to improve financial reporting process
- Ability to prioritise and communicate with senior team members
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Experience in banking, payments or financial services
- Experience with startups / high-growth companies
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Demonstrate the capacity to communicate & influence: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Demonstrate the capacity to Prevent & solve problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Demonstrate the capacity achieve results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated.
Dealing with Self
- Demonstrate the capacity to manage ones self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability.
Be aligned to the values
- Provide evidence of past behaviours that link to the Yoco Employee Values
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.