Yoco is scaling rapidly, to grow smartly we need to continuously build and automate processes, tools and systems to provide great customer experiences and eliminate growth inhibitors. This is both a maker and coordination role, you will be building processes using Salesforce, and other tools, along with creating business cases to prioritise development efforts based on ROI.
This role focuses on the Revenue side of the business (Sales, Marketing and Region Development), you will support the teams by developing a deep understanding of performance levers, building out granular KPIs and monitoring deviations to quantify impactful initiatives.
Success in this role is unlocking Yoco’s growth potential.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Working with revenue team leaders:
- Translating tactical and strategic plans into executable projects
- Identifying areas of potential improvement across the business operations
- Providing feedback on the impact of initiatives
Building processes, systems, automation and tools:
- Defining and building process flows for ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ scenarios in BPMN
- Identify and justify points of improvement in the processes
- Understand system integrations and functions
- Research and suggest tools to be integrated into the business to support automation
Scoping out and coordinating projects:
- Defining the problem statements and requirements
- Exposure to an Agile environment is preferable
- Display a deep understanding of a software development lifecycle
- Eliciting requirements and conducting interviews across the business
- Identify and define any and all assumptions and dependencies prior to code being written
- Take ownership over managing stakeholder expectations
- Tracking project progress and reporting back to the stakeholders
Quantitative analysis and reporting:
- Manipulate large datasets to get to insights
- Comfortable with modelling data to inform the business
- Maintain alignment between reporting and the supporting strategic goal.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
You should be equally comfortable with:
- Hacking together MVP processes and systems using automation tools
- Analysing various business functions and eliciting requirements from stakeholders
- Spec’ing out robust and scalable internal enablement projects, and
- Defining performance criteria and leading analytical reviews of performance
Key requirements to perform responsibilities successfully:
- 3+ years’ experience as a business analyst, product manager, software or automation engineer or similar
- Experience with the Agile methodology
- Experience in financial services or financial technology environments
- Motivated self-starter
- Displays constant curiosity in the mechanics of the business
- Excellent spoken and written skills
- Problem solver by nature
- Strong time management
EXPECTATIONS OF AN EMPLOYEE AT YOCO
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
We offer a competitive package and a flexible work environment. In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to participate in our Equity Incentive scheme, which will be uncapped based on performance.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.