Yoco is growing and so is our Brand Marketing team!
The Yoco Brand team is looking for a passionate, hyper-organised self-starter who can use eventing platforms to build our brand awareness in our target markets and help drive sales.
The ideal candidate must love the challenge of seeing an event through from start to finish, must enjoy working with multiple internal stakeholders and external partners, and also display strong business acumen in terms of understanding ROI of event activities and the importance of driving leads and business from our eventing investment.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
This position has a broad scope, from identifying and organising our attendance at relevant industry trade shows, to building company conferences and meetups from the ground up, to ideating and executing full immersive brand experiential activations, all under the banner of an eventing strategy which needs to be built and owned by the incumbent.
- Define and build a well-articulated eventing strategy for Yoco, clearly pinpointing the role of events as a brand building and lead generation tool, and ensuring clear metrics and success measures are in place
- Working with the Sales, Growth and Brand Marketing teams to ensure objectives of all departments are met through the eventing channel
- Bring to life the concept of experiential eventing, ensuring we provide immersive experiences which break through, create buzz and bring our brand to life
Event Planning and Production
- Provide project management of events from start to finish, from researching locations through to full event execution
- Lead, manage, and provide direction to contractors and vendors. Collaborate with internal staff, and external contractors to ensure successful event operations
- Innovate by developing unique and differentiated activations at events that will bring our brand and product stories to life
- Develop strong product knowledge and be able to act as key product demonstrator at industry events and roadshows
- Create and maintain timelines and budget
- Coordinate site visits and scheduling of events
- Start and grow a Yoco Events database for merchants and non-merchants to receive event communication and register to attend events
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities successfully:
- Marketing degree or diploma
- 3-5 years relevant working experience in an events and project management environment
- Proven experience as an events manager
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work streams independently
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and work on weekends and evenings as needed to support above responsibilities (approx. 20%)
- Leadership skills to guide diverse teams towards a common goal.
- Knowledge and experience with marketing techniques, social media and industry trends
- Demonstrates extreme attention to detail and professionalism
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Demonstrate the capacity to communicate & influence: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Demonstrate the capacity to Prevent & solve problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Demonstrate the capacity achieve results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated.
Dealing with Self
- Demonstrate the capacity to manage ones self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability.
Be aligned to the values
- Provide evidence of past behaviours that link to the Yoco Employee Values
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.