The purpose of a Communication Designer is to attract, inspire, create desires and motivate people to respond to messages with the intention of creating a favourable impact - such as increased customer registrations, building a brand and/or driving sales.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Collaborate closely with Growth Marketing (performance and revenue) teams to support their needs with best-in-class creative solutions and optimised digital campaign assets (social, banners, emails, animations including landing pages, animated videos, support & sales documentation, HTML5 banners) that connect with viewers.
- Create and maintain ongoing marketing and brand assets, ensure consistency of brand and brand guidelines across all new design elements
- Work in an agile fashion and be prepared to respond quickly to performance metrics, crafting the creative iteratively to test working assumptions (value delivery over perfection).
- Work creatively with the in-house studio and marketing teams to create concepts, storyboards, and interactive marketing campaigns
- Contribute towards – and maintain – marketing and brand asset libraries and design systems
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key role requirements to perform responsibilities:
- At least 2 years experience working at a creative agency.
- Portfolio work samples to present
- Must be technically knowledgeable in paid digital formats and platform rules and take full advantage of the emerging advertising formats of fast growing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn including all nascent contenders.
- Good working knowledge of layout, colour, composition, typography and use of imagery and illustration … utilising both digital and print graphic design principles.
- Bring a working knowledge of User Experience practices to help improve onsite conversion rates.
- Good grasp of ‘real-time marketing’ practices, trends and case studies, readily sharing these with your colleagues.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
Bonus points/nice to have:
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing:Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mind-set, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.