Yoco is looking for a dynamic team member to create sync and visibility between our different office locations, a comfortable work environment for our team, and to manage aspects such as safety, layout, office cleanliness.
Are you a dedicated neat freak who is able to execute administrative tasks, be a key driver and enabler of a friendly, and productive office environment who would fit well into a team of diverse, driven humans?
Are you able to wear many hats, take initiative, get creative and successfully land tasks - big and small?
Would you like to join a team of hard-working individuals all careering towards a common goal?
If the answers to all these questions are ‘yes’ then this could be the position for you. We are wanting to add a valued member to our team in the Cape Town Office.
The Office Manager plays a key role in creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere in the Cape Town office. As such you’ll enjoy a range of responsibilities - from facilities management, ordering office supplies and managing vendors to running errands, organising treats for the team and managing office processes. Your organisational and people skills will keep the office running smoothly and team producing their best work!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Managing of the Office Space, Facilities, and surrounds. Making sure the space is sparkling clean, set up for success, and encourages a productive working environment.
- Support our employee’s happiness, wellness and their ability to do their best work.
- Assist in influencing and driving office and company culture through events, activities and team buildings.
- Assist with the administrative tasks involving new employee’s onboarding.
- Liaise with company suppliers to ensure we are remaining within the budget allowance for the respective areas.
- Coordinate ordering and recording of all inventory in the office including office supplies, food items and hardware.
- Coordinate office expenses and recon with the financial accountant.
- 3 - 5 years of Office/Facilities Management Experience or similar.
- Have a creative and motivated approach to tasks.
- High energy levels.
- A well rounded person that is flexible and able to support others.
- Ability to work and execute tasks independently - we like it when you take initiative.
- Able to firmly assert themselves when necessary.
- A proven problem solver.
- Organised and with good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible in our dynamic environment.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- One or more superpower e.g. ability to read minds, supersonic speed, a forcefield of greatness.
- To have excellent taste in office snacks and birthday treats.
- A good sense of humour and good banter.
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing:Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mind-set, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.