Do you want to work with an amazing Product team with executive-level support?
Do you want to build products that have the ability to scale across Africa?
If so, keep reading.
Yoco is looking for a Product Manager to join our growing product team as we develop products for SME’s across South Africa and beyond. We are looking for someone with a passion for solving problems and building products that customers love. You should have strong commercial experience and now looking for your next challenge in a fast and innovative start-up environment.
Working with cross-functional teams, you will be responsible for discovering, defining, and delivering products across Mobile and Web platforms in the payments, business services and Point-of-Sale (POS) space. You'll play a vital role in building the tools and services that thousands of people use to run their businesses and serve their customers every day.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Discover and understand the needs of our customers and potential customers, driving empathy and a customer-centric approach to product management.
- Collaborate closely with UX Researchers, Product Designers and Software Engineers to build features in an Agile, incremental way.
- Prototype, monitor, and measure the impact of products/features, using methods like A/B testing, customer interviews, feature tests, adoption forecasts and exploratory data analysis.
- Lead and communicate the short and long-term product strategy and roadmap for the products you manage.
- Execute on the product vision and plan by translating the product strategy into user stories, prototypes, and MVPs, ensuring that UI/UX designers and developers are aligned and have what they need to deliver superb products.
- Manage the rollout of beta programs, taking the learnings from beta’s into the go-to-market strategy.
- Work with the Commercial and Operational units to take your products and features to market, enabling sales and service to understand, sell, and support the product.
- Manage projects and features within a cross-functional team.
- Keep yourself and the rest of the Product team up to date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies in the Product Management and Fintech industries.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field - Business Science, BComm, BA/IS.
- 5+ years of proven Product Management experience across mobile/web platforms preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Mobile-first and customer-centric thinking.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial drive and ability to achieve ambitious goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in crafting product requirements based on user research and data.
- Passionate about the problems that small businesses face, and a willingness to get down into the details.
- A record of demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- A bias towards action: you collaborate and drive your team(s) to deliver.
- Previous experience within the financial services and/or a technology industry.
- A great track record of working with engineering and design teams: people want to work with you again.
- Ability to using evidence-based decision-making.
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.