Yoco is looking for QA Automation Engineer to join our team of technical professionals in creating quality software for SME’s across South Africa and beyond.
The ideal candidate is an eager individual who is wanting to take their career forward, is driven to continually improve customer value and increase internal efficiency through quality, innovative software.
As the QA Automation Engineer, you will form part of the wider team that is responsible for the development, integration and maintenance of Yoco’s range of internal and merchant/customer facing software.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Contribute to Yoco’s long-term vision and strategy for QA and Test Automation.
- Lead the work of QA automation within the Yoco engineering team.
- Proactively look for opportunities to introduce and entwine testing automation and quality into the product development process.
- Implement automated tests using a combination of Selenium and/or other frameworks.
- Extract test requirements from high-level product specifications and workshops.
- Research and demonstrate new QA technologies.
- Continue to make testing an integral part of the development process at Yoco.
- Advocate for quality within cross-functional development teams.
- Actively coach developers on test automation best practices.
- Improve automated test coverage and UI functional test coverage.
- Contribute to our test frameworks and services.
- Train and mentor other QA’s in the team.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- At least 3 years’ experience in commercial Software Testing and Test methodologies.
- At least 1 years’ experience of Automation Testing experience required.
- Ability to understand basic coding and write basic scripts.
- Sufficient knowledge of all different levels or layers of testing (including UI, API, Unit, regression, integration, system).
- Comfortable working across web, Android, and iOS
- Exceptional attention to detail with proven interpersonal skills
- Logical approach with a passion for problem-solving
- Strong ability to manage pressure and deadlines effectively
- Have shown an ability to advocate for quality across different teams
- Experience within agile environments and understand what it means to have a quality mindset in an agile environment
- Can convince others (and rally them around the idea of) why agile software teams should have a dedicated QA role
- Experience in working with Jenkins, Selenium or similar tools - advantageous
- Financial Services/payments system testing exposure - advantageous
EXPECTATIONS OF YOCO EMPLOYEES
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving.
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Please Note: Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. Please note that, at times, we receive large volumes of applications and this makes for an extremely competitive selection process. Should you not receive feedback from us within 4 weeks (depending on the urgency to hire), this would mean we are unable to move forward with your application. However, should anything change on our end, we will definitely reach out to you.